Monday, January 25, 2010

Lots to talk about!

I've been busy busy busy and have pictures to share.

I finally finished both diamond quilts last week.  Here's a picture of the batik diamonds quilt.



Sorry the pic is a bit wonky.  As soon as I can find a suitable back for it, I think I'll let DH quilt it for me.  My other diamond quilt, Portobello Market was quilted by DH a week ago Sunday.  Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the finished quilt right now because I forgot to take a pic of it before I dropped it off at the  quilt shop for display.  I'll post a picture as soon as I can get one taken. 

After completing those two last week I just wanted to goof around and do something that didn't require a lot of effort or brain power.  Monday night I made this little quilt using a dresden template and a charm pack.  It measures approximately 16x20.  When its quilted and bound it will be donated to one of our local hospital's NICU to cover the incubators to protect the babies' eyes from the bright lights.



I enjoyed myself so much Monday night that Friday I made another one from a few scraps in my bin.  It measure probably 24x36.  I am not sure what I'll do with it yet.  It has a few too many lights in it but c'est la vie.  I'll probably add a small border to it before I quilt it.



Thursday night I wasn't feeling too well (suffering from Cedar Fever...again!) so I didn't feel like working on anything too involved.  So I decided to finish this little quilt top since I only had the top and bottom row left to complete and they were already cut and had sitting around for a couple months.  It measures 16x20 and is from the book Fat-Quarter Quilting by Lori Smith aka From My Heart to Your Hands.  I'm not sure what I am going to do with it yet...maybe donate it to the Silent Auction for our next quilt show.



Saturday I visited a couple new quilt shops in Arlington with my friend Donna.  I went nuts on patterns.  I firmly believe that when you're in a quilt shop and you see something you want - BUY IT because you never know if you'll see it again.  In the first photo is a From My Heart to Your Hands pattern.  I plan to do all 9 mini quilt and put them into one large quilt.  The other two are from Laundry Basket Quilts.  They'll be great for my overflowing Civil War fabrics.  In the other photo the only new one I bought is the middle one.  Its from Crabapple Hill (of course).  All three of the embroidery patterns shown are next on my to do list as soon as I complete my snowmen.



Sunday I started working on this little quilt.  I had bought the pattern at our quilt show in the fall, lost the pattern in my quilt room, and went out and bought the pattern again.  It is being made from Fig Tree's Millhouse Inn line.  Not sure how I feel about the dark blocks but I am reserving judgement till the quilt top is completed.  DH likes it so far.



My "A" block is finally complete as of late last night.  I didn't think I'd ever get back to my snowman quilt...too many distractions.  I am starting on E/F today.



And finally,  in the middle of all this I made this little stitchery from a pattern posted on Flickr group Hoop Love Vintage Transfers.  I am thinking about stitching some more in the varegated threads and putting them into a quilt using 30's prints.



Now you know what I've been up to the past week.  I can't wait to find out what I'll up to this week...haha.

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow! I love all your projects! You certainly have been busy. :-)