Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I've been busy...sort of

I can't believe I've gone almost two weeks again without posting.  In my absence I've been keeping busy quilting as usual and have some new (and old things to share).

As you know, last week I went on a quilt retreat.  There were 20 of us sewing our little hearts out.  While I spent all four days working on different projects, I managed to only complete one top and another pumpkin for my Halloween quilt.  How does that happen?  Guess I spent too much time visiting or something.  Here's a picture of the only finish.  I am so in love with this quilt.  The basic idea was from the book Cozy Modern Quilts but the color pallette and arrangement was mine.  I used a couple of those Moda Scrap Bags with bits and pieces from my stash for more variety.  The only thing left to do is add a 4" or 6" black border around it and then quilt it.


While I was at the retreat center I did a little shopping too.  The retreat center where we go has a little quilt shop in it that you can shop in 24/7 when the mood or need strikes you.  I came home with a new project and some fantastic batiks to add to my evergrowing collection.  I can wait to cut into them.


After returning home on Wednesday,  I pretty much spent the weekend catching up on my favorite TV shows thanks to my trusty DVR.  And the Saturday evening I got back to my sewing machine to work on a UFO (ugh!) and do some binding (double ugh!).  Here's the bluebonnet quilt finally complete.  I am really happy with how it turned out...happier than I thought I was going to be.


Here is the UFO...I'm not loving it right now and am not sure where to go from here with it.  I think it'll go back in the box until I have an epiphany.  If you have an opinion please share it with me.  I can use all the help I can get on this one.


That's all I have for my goings on as of late.  I'm not sure what I'm going to work on next.  I have a couple class samples that I need to work on but I'm not feeling it at the the moment.  I really need to figure out how to motivate myself to do something that I'm not in the mood to do...sigh.

Anyway.  I'll end this post with another picture of one of my older quilts.  The pattern was called Skyward Nines and came from a McCall's magazine (I think).  I'm not sure if the nine patches patches are going up or coming down.  I'll let you decide.   Each nine patch is different and each fabric was used only once.  This quilt is one of the reasons why I love scrap quilts so much.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

OMG, woman look at all your pretty quilts - love them. You stars quilt - is that Twinkle Stars? Just curious.