Sunday, October 10, 2010

Trick or Treat!

A show of hands...how many of you followed the Fall-O-Ween Blog Hop? 

I had a great time visiting each designer's blog.  And there were sooooo many cute freebies generously given out during this blog hop that I almost couldn't decided which to do first.  In the end I decided to go with Linda Lum deBono's Trick or Treat wallhanging. You can find the pattern here.


As you can see I made a few changes to the original design to really make it mine.  I remove the large cornerstones and added more small squares, placing them  into a Trip Around the World arrangement.  I also used colored button for the center of the eyes instead of the black applique centers.

Over at Flickr the designers created a group for people to post pictures of their projects made from the freebie patterns.  You can check it out here.

Well...back to cutting out the Luna Note quilt.  Have a happy happy happy day!

18 comments:

Sherrill said...

There were a few I want to do..first on my list is Sandy Gervais' little pumpking. Just picked up my wool a couple of days ago. Your wallhanging is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Darned cute I tell ya! Thanks for posting the link for us to see the other items made.

Darlene said...

Very cute.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

this is sooo cute...I commented earlier on flickr!! I really like the trip around the world arrangement too besides the other things I said!!!!

Loris said...

Love it! I visited all the Fall-o-ween blogs and am working on the little table topper, Acorn Crisp. Just need to add the wool applique and then quilt it :-) Thanks for the link.

Janet said...

Very cute version of the spider wall hanging. I loved the hop. I want to make the little pumpkin mat and the candy corn runner too. Haven't made any of them yet--working on a baby quilt. I forgot about the flickr group--I'll have to check that out. :)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute! I haven't made anything yet, but did love the hop. :-)

Wendy said...

You've done a marvelous job and may have just inspired me to get off my patootie and get this adorable project done. Yay you!! Super cute :)

Deb said...

Totally missed the blog hop? Where was I??? It's cool to see all the interpretations of the designs. Thanks for posting the link. Love yours!! The colours are so vibrant!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How cute!

Fleurette said...

I love your version, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Your spiders are very funny! It would be great if the reals ones looked like yours ...
Have a very nice day

Micki said...

It is adorable! I love what you did with it!
Micki

Karmen said...

Very cute! Karmen

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

so cute, and am all about the button eyes!!!

Grethe said...

The scarey Trick or Treat wallhanging is great. I like the small squares in Trip around the World!!
Lovely reading you blog,I`ll soon be back:-)

julieQ said...

How cute is that!! Thank you for sharing the links!

Mary said...

Your version is very, very cute! Love the way you did the trip around the world.