Monday, March 21, 2011

Goodies Galore!

Each time I walk into my quilt room, I wonder to myself where all this fabric etc came from and when am I going to find the time to.  Each I tell myself I'm not going to buy another thing.  And then add my husband who says if I buy any more fabric, the fire marshall is going to require us to install fire sprinklers...AS IF! 

But here's the reality.  I LOVE QUILTING!  And every time I go to a quilt show there's GOING to be goodies to buy...those must have items.  And here's my recent haul from the Dallas Quilt Show...

First up...WOOL!  I made a stop at The Rabbit's Lair from Rogers, AR (http://www.therabbitslair.com/).  I bought a small wool kit and two bags wool circles in all different sizes for only $10 each. 



More wool came from the Folk Art Studio in Allen, TX, and Country Gatherings in San Antonio, TX (http://www.countrygatheringsshop.com/).  I just LOVE these pieces and can't wait to find a project for them.



Next up...how about some Boy Scout of America fabrics?  I'm starting to collect B.S.A. fabrics to make a quilt for a very special former boy scout that I know.  If you see any around online, let me know.  I need a lot more for this quilt.



Shirtings from Cotton in the Cabin from Spencerville, IN (http://www.cottoninthecabin.com/).  I loved this booth and could have spent all my money there.  They specialize in reproduction fabrics and I settled on these fantastic shirtings.  I don't know what I'm going to use them in yet but it'll have to be something really special.



And now my very two favorite finds from Material Girl from Grand Island, NE (http://www.materialgirlfabrics.com/).  I'm not big into buying kits but whenever I see a Kaffe Fassett kit it's hard to resist.  And resist I did not.  Here's a kit I purchased to do Bordered Diamonds from "Simple Shapes Spectacular Quilts" by Kaffee Fassett...LOVE IT!


And then at the same booth I found Kim McLean's Flower Basket Medallion pattern which I've been dying to get!!!   

I just love Kim's work and have been collecting these Kaffee Fassett and Philip Jacobs prints for this very pattern.  I'm so excited and can't wait to find some free time for this project!



Well that's my haul.  Yes I over indulged and the fire marshall is likely on his way to my house any day...but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Till next time...

11 comments:

Yvette said...

WOW! You made out like a bandit! I want to snatch all of those shirtings from you.

Loris said...

Ha! Not much of a surprise that those lovelies needed to come home with you :-) I love the patterns and wool and cottons you bought. Gorgeous! And I tell myself the same thing all the time...it works some of the time. Enjoy!

Darlene said...

Wow look at all those fabulous treasures and goodies.

Next time I'm in San Antonio I'll have to visit Country Gatherings.

Kat said...

That is really a lot of fabric. :D
Patterns are great .. enjoy it !!

greetings
Kat

Carol said...

What wonderful finds...love those shirtings...a girl can never have too many of those.

Karen said...

I did not know you could purchase wool circles. What a good idea.

Talin's Corner said...

Wow, I love your wools. What a variety you were able to find. And how can you pass up such treasures?

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love all your treasures! Have fun!

Sherrill said...

Ooo, those wools are gorgeous! I only bought ONE PATTERN at the show! YIKES! But I stopped at Cabbage Rose yesterday & picked up a few shirtings. Going to Quilt Country tomorrow to use my $10 coupon!! LOL

julieQ said...

I sure was tempted, sorely tempted I am telling you! Especially by Cotton in the Cabin...mmmmmmmm

Josefina said...

I lake your beautifull work,congratlacion.
have a good day
Josefina
tijeras y cuchara wordpress.com