Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Report

I finally sewed with my machine!!!  Not that what I did was particularly exciting but it's something...right?

While at Quilt Festival back in November I picked up a set of 9 degree circle wedge rulers from Doheny Publications.  I finally made some time on Saturday to try one of them out.  I chose the Mini #1 Ruler to start out along with the leftover scraps from my Spiderweb quilt.  Here's the ruler.


And here is the results.


I'm pretty please with it.  It is approximately 18 1/2" in diameter.  When I find time I'll applique it to a background and it'll become a small wallhanging or maybe a baby quilt for an NICU our guild regularly donates to.

 Now for the less exciting.  I spent Sunday making half square triangles.  They are for Miss Rosie's Heartland quilt.  The log cabins are done and just waiting for the half square triangles...all 600 of them.


I know!  After making my Ocean Waves quilt, 600 half square triangles should be a breeze...right?  Yes.  But I can still whine about it while I do it.  I'm half square triangled out.

So what have you been up to?

3 comments:

Talin's Corner said...

I love that circle! Was it easy? That really looks interesting...something I might want to try?

Deanna said...

If that big circle is UNexciting, I would really like to know what you do for excitment. Oh, yeah, I forgot: HST. :)

Carol Debbout said...

I love the circle piece you made with the 9' circle wedge ruler. Great way to use up scraps!!!