Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekend Report

A day late but I'm here.  I managed to get a little more sewing done before the move starts later this month.  I have packed away the majority of my quilt room.  I told myself that if I was going to sew, I was going to work on shop samples so I didn't have them to worry about during the move. 

Here's Frontier Furrows by Antler Quilt Design.  Some of you may remember me posting about this forever ago.  I've been dragging my feet on it because I haven't been very happy with it and there were other samples that kept getting put in front of it.  The blocks are finally all done and I still don't really like it.  And the border has been changed from an orange print to a brown one.  It's less "in your face" than the orange was. 

 I'm hoping that it'll appeal to men that come into the shop with their wives. If there's one thing I've learned it that just because I don't like something doesn't mean everyone else will dislike it too. Often what I like is very different from what others like. I'm going to try and finish it up today.

After I finished the blocks, I needed a break.  So I spent some time playing with these I-Spy hexies.  Right now I am just sewing them into sets of four.  It's a work in progress and I'm just figuring things out as I go.


They started out as 4" squares from a couple I-Spy swaps several months ago. I knew I wanted to do something other than squares and rummaging around I found my EZ Hexagon template...ding ding ding! The hexies were cut at 3 1/2" and the setting triangles are 2 1/4".

Before I end this post I wanted to share two new patterns that arrived in the mail last week from Australia.  I have been wanting to buy The Blessings quilt pattern for a long time now and I finally broke down and ordered one.  And along with it I bought Joie de Vivre. 


Yeah...I don't really need these and I have a million other patterns that I want to do also.  I know I'm not going to live long enough to do them all.  But I don't care.  If I decide to ever do them I'll have them.  Otherwise when I die someday, whoever inherits my quilt room will have a treasure trove of beautiful patterns to choose from.

Till next time...

5 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Once it is together and quilted, you may change your mind about the quilt. ;-) Love your little I-Spy blocks! And the patterns are certainly drool worthy! LOL Have a safe and uneventful move! And a happy day!

Anonymous said...

You arw absolutely right about the quilt, we all like different styles and fabrics. So many times I see a pattern that won't appeal to me...then I see a quilt I love....same pattern but different fabric choice. Oh, I too have lots of treasure hidden that will likely end up at Goodwill one day when I am gone.

Jill said...

I like the quilt, so will others! The patterns are to die for...love them!!
Have a good day.

Vivian said...

Me too, me too.
Patterns galore. Books coming out my ears. More magazines than I can shake a stick at. All these cliches accurately describe that I have more quilts planned and more quilts that I want to make than I can possibly do if I quilted 24/7 for ten years.
Oh well. I'll just do what I can, and smile the whole time.

I think you're exactly right that the quilt you don't like will appeal to men.

Grethe said...

Love the I spy quilt to be:-) Happy packing;gosh it`s a struggle when misplacing and not find this and that later. All the best to you!