Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In other news

I've been taking a break from making City Sampler blocks to prep more Lollypop Trees blocks to take to an upcoming quilt retreat.
 
Here are the two I had done previously.
 
 
 
And here are the four that I've worked on since last Friday.
 


Two years ago I bought this pattern and signed up for Island Quilter's Kaffe Club.  Now that my collection has grown, I'm finding it easier and more enjoyable selecting fabrics.  It still takes me almost a day to select and prep the pieces for hand appliqueing.  But I am still really enjoying it.

Finding the right backgrounds was a challenge though.  I had originally wanted to do all my blocks in the background used in the first two blocks but I didn't have enough.  I did a lot of searching online and found only one place that still had it.  When the fabric arrived it was white and not cream...ugh.  So after more searching I came up with two more background that I think work pretty good. 

I'm still on the hunt for one more and hopefully...fingers crossed...the background I ordered a few days ago will be the right one.

That's all I've been doing.  What about y'all?

P.S.  I need more green in my blocks...don't you think?

11 comments:

Dolores said...

Green is always a great addition. Love the blocks you've done so far. Good luck finding more backgrounds. I wonder if anyone has done the quilt not using Kaffe fabrics.

Kindred Quilts said...

Gorgeous blocks Monica!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very pretty blocks.

Karen said...

Nice to see a couple Lollipop Trees. They were the rage for a while and now I don't see many of them. I find them so interesting. So many fabric designs to look at and all go together so well.

audrey said...

Your blocks are gorgeous. So fun and vibrant! Good luck with getting more background fabric you like!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great looking blocks! A little more green would be ok, I like green though. ;-)

Pip said...

Your blocks are looking good, I don't think you need more green (unless you want it of course) if you want to make the white fabric cream, just soak it in hottish water with a tea bag and leave it for a couple of hours, it works quite well.

Jeanie said...

SO pretty!

Deanna said...

Those are beautiful! Well worth working on.

Nutsy Coco said...

Wow, those are beautiful blocks!

Mom said...

Thanks for your comment about my quilt at the Jaxfest. I love your trees :-)