Monday, August 25, 2014

Holy Flowering Snowballs!

I caved...and started a flowering snowball quilt. 
 

 
Not being one for joining quilt-alongs, I usually find it easy to not join in.  I prefer to march to the beat of my own drum most of the time.  But I just couldn't resist this one.   
 
Here are the fabrics I'll be using...blues, aquas, and teals...color that remind me of the ocean.
 
 
 
While the quilt-along is over as of today, I don't care. 
I'm starting anyways.  I say better late than never...right?
 
To learn more about this quilt_along, visit Molly Flanders Makery.

5 comments:

dortha said...

It's going to be pretty. I made one block and put it away for another day. It wasn't a hard block to make and looks good.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really a great pattern.

Karen said...

Such pretty colors.

Suze said...

I love your choice of fabrics. I don't usually join in QAL as I know I won't get finished. I joined one knowing that I wouldn't finish and as of yet I still don't have it even cut out and I think it's been over for three months. I love this pattern and did buy the template. I do have health issues, so I have to do my quilting within my limitations. You are going to have a fabulous quilt. Seeing your progress makes me want to get busy and at least get some fabrics selected for mine. Great job!

dq said...

I really like this block and its name.